FloridaWild Veterinary Hospital is the most prestigious family restoration project ever completed in DeLand. This award-winning project was undertaken by the Hall Family beginning October 2000 and ending October 2006 – 6 years and 28 days of non-stop demolition, reconstruction and restoration. These three derelict buildings in downtown DeLand were adaptively rehabilitated for Dr. Erin Holder by her parents, Maggi and Ron Hall, to be used as her veterinary hospital. Two of the buildings are Arts & Crafts Bungalows constructed in the 1920s. The third building is Spanish Mission architecture. An addition was completed in 2007 connecting two of the buildings. The contractor and designer for the project, Maggi Hall, received the “2006 Florida Trust for Historic Preservation Individual Achievement Award” for this endeavor.
There were three buildings in total on East Euclid that were renovated (111, 113 and 115). After the project was completed they were combined into 115 E. Euclid. 111 was constructed in 1937 first for residential then later used for a doctor’s office then back to residential. Ground level was a garage then storage. 113 and 115 were residential. The middle building, 113, was constructed in 1933. 115, the largest of the three buildings, was constructed in 1928.
In 2008 FloridaWild expanded into 441 S. Woodland, adjacent to the main building – this was The Funky Mutt Market. Presently, this is being renovated for our new Florida Rehabilitation Center.
Check out the pictures below to see the details of this beautiful restoration.